human trafficking 101
This course covers the basics of Human Trafficking—what it is, how it happens, and what you can do to help those who have been harmed by it.
After going through this training you will be able to understand the depth of damage caused by trafficking, you will be able to identify when someone has been trafficked, and you will be able to interact with appropriate compassion and understanding towards those who have been victims of trafficking.
Key points in this training include:
- How victims are made: Force, Fraud & Coercion
- Common myths and real facts about trafficking
- Types of trafficking and the people involved
- Language commonly used around trafficking
- A Day in the Life of a trafficked individual
- Behind Sex Trafficking – the psychological, mental, spiritual and social effect
- Trauma and the many ways it can be experienced